Friday, April 06, 2007

BITTERsweet

That is the perfect word to describe this Easter weekend. Will start with the sweet stuff! Our good friends Dave & Gloria had their precious little girl Aliza Sahar 5lbs 15oz 19 inches long. Gloria had an awesome labor 6 hours, I can only hope for such a sweet experience! Here's a picture of me holding Aliza.....

How fun is that? I can't wait until it's Dealey but it was fun to hold a baby especially since Aliza's size is so close to what they are expecting Dealey to be at an early birth! Here's a shot of cute little Aliza by herself. I love the lips, it's like she's saying "what's up, yo!"

The second sweet spot for the weekend was having an Easter dinner with Matt's family, yes I'm on bed rest but it was important to do this as it's Matt's final weekend in Dallas. But it wasn't just the dinner that was so sweet, the sweetest part of the night was Matt's sister Megan announcing she's PREGNANT! It's so awesome because now our little ones will be about 5 or 6 months apart which will make family gatherings too much fun. So now we just need to get my brother and his wife in the pregnant ring so we can have lots of babies running around at the same time! They're trying so it's totally possible we'll be praying extra hard now!

Now for the bitter part as I mentioned it's Matt's last weekend in Dallas until the call is made that baby is on it's way. There is a possibility there might be a commercial shoot that's going to be done here in Dallas in May but I'm not going to get my hopes up until we know for sure! So we were sure to get a picture tonight while we were looking all cute! Here's my Matt and I with him sporting his new longer hair!


While I'm going to miss Matt like crazy one thing I can be sure of is he'll be sending me great shots of New York, here's a shot he took from Roosevelt Island an area we are looking at to live in once D and I get to move up there! We'll call it "Manhattan Skies"...

4 comments:

The McKays said...

First, yeah for Rachel pics! You look gorgeous! :) How fun that you could see Aliza...what a beauty, huh? Very fun that Matt's sister is expecting; I can only hope the same will be for my sister sometime this year so the cousins can be close in age.

Let's talk this week. I miss you!

Sheyb said...

Great pictures!! ;) The baby is SO cute. :) How are you feeling?

Talk to you soon!

Sheyb said...

Oh, and BEAUTIFUL picture of NYC that your hubby took! :)

W, M & Z said...

Look at your happy face! You're beaming and it's not even your baby! I can only imagine your first smiles when you're holding baby D. xo