Saturday, December 05, 2009

BABY UPDATE....Okay so I saw both the perinatologist and my ob this week and I'll start off by saying Cohen is doing great. He's still in the 95% for height & weight, coming it at just under 19" (avg is 17 at 34 weeks) and 5lbs 6 oz (avg is 4lbs at 34 weeks) but he was super cute in the sonogram he even looked like he was talking opening and shutting his mouth which was fun! I guess he's been hearing all the racket outside my belly and realizes he better come out talking or Dealey may not let him get a word in.

So that was all great, the frustrating part, on Thursday he was still transverse (sideways) in my belly. So I feared that my ob would not want to take the circlage out for fear if I went into labor and he hadn't turned that we'd end up in an emergency C-section. So I reluctantly went to my appointment Friday afraid of what she would say. She was reluctant to agree to take it out but I talked her into it so on the 18th my circlage will come out! She did however want me to sign in blood that as soon as I get home on Friday I must pack my bags for the hospital and put them in the car so that if I start having contractions or my water breaks or anything then I can get to the hospital as fast as possible. She said if I came to the hospital with an arm hanging out of me she would not be happy. I told her I'd do my best.

It was all a bit frustrating to think through but I'm happy she saw that it was still best to take the circlage out and I may end up with a c-section which I don't want (let me make note that it's not for any major reason other than I don't have time for that type of recovery, which my ob said was the funniest thing she's ever heard but she too has a 2 year old and totally understood where I was coming from) Anyways, but the flip side is if they don't take the circlage and wait until after Christmas he could easily be 9+ lbs and with my tilted pelvic bone I could end up in a c-section anyway because if you remember I had trouble getting my super skinny Dealey bear that was just under 6lbs out.....

We shall see, I'm close to finishing up the last details of Cohen's room so I'm just going to plug away at it and try to finish by the end of this next week. Then I just need to get our room all cleaned up and the bed set up in there for his first month or two of life. I'll keep you posted on the latest!

3 comments:

Christian and Erin said...

Yay!!! I love to hear that sweet Cohen is doing so well and that so is Mom! If you need any help, just let me know.

The McKays said...

oh my gosh, i'm DYING reading this. I can totally see Dr. Speight telling you she'd be pissed if you arrived with the baby hanging out. And, I can see her thinking you are so funny about "not having time for that kind of recovery." He's coming soon!!! SOOO fun!! Hang in there. xoxo

Megan said...

I can't wait to meet him!!!! Yay! You hang in there and get some REST! You will need it and you are super pregant lest you forget :)