Saturday, March 03, 2007

CAPTIVITY : day 3

Well, I wouldn't really call it captivity it's definitely for a greater good, the greatest good in mine and matt's life. For those of you who know me though, you know that me and bed rest are not a good combination. Today started with some excitement though, definitely not healthy for me but it was nice to breath some outside air for a few minutes. At 5:45 this morning we hear banging on doors and a man yelling you must evacuate the building, there's a fire! We're like what? Fire? My first words....crap....so we grab all the laptops and the cat and head down the stairs, I was sure I was going in to labor at any moment and was ready to be pissed if this was some stupid drunk college student. It turns out it was a transformer that blew and overheated and started smoking. The nice thing was we were back up and in bed by a little after 6:00 am but I was hurting. Everything settled down and by mid morning we had got our sleep back and I was feeling much better. I must praise my husband for a few minutes, he's been so great the last few days, encouraging me in my "what if" times and cleaning the loft and getting it ready for a baby shower tomorrow that my sweet friends are bringing to me. Matt's just been so amazing I've never felt so lucky he loves me and Dealey so much and it shows!

2 comments:

Sheyb said...

I hope this doesn't creep you out... I just happened to read your blog... I am friends with Suzanne McKay. I read about you having to be on bed rest and things.
I just wanted to give you a little encouragement, because I know quite a bit about what you are going through from my own personal experience, and from some other friends.
I had my baby 10 weeks early, and she ended up in the NICU. While in there I meet MANY MANY woman that had babies when they were 23 weeks pregnant and later than that too. All their babies are perfect now. I just wanted you to know that while I don't know you, I will be keeping you in my prayers. I know what a tough time it can be. But I guess in telling you all of this I just wanted you to know that everything will be okay! And, like I said, even though we don't know each other, if you ever need to talk about premature babies or what it's like in the NICU or anything, please don't hesitate! :) I am just really hoping this isn't going to creep you out. Just saw it, and thought that I would try and give you some encouragement. Oh, and CONGRATS on the Baby Boy!!! :)

Christina Smallwood said...

I'm glad to hear you have finally gotten the gift you've been longing for since, well, I met you. I know that everything will be ok because I know that God never puts more on you than you can handle. You are a extremely strong woman and I know that if you just quit worrying a bit you will be fine. Worrying isn't good for you or the baby.

I'm waiting on my niece. She's due March 8th. I can't wait. I want a little angel of my own, but I need to find my way out of college for now. I know that if I have a child right now I won't finish school but that has been one of the things I wanted most right now.
It would be great to see you before you leave for New York. Give me a call. You've got my number. Also, I have a myspace account and tiff is on there as well.

http://www.myspace.com/cr8ygrl