I know the title sounds kind of daunting but it's not so bad. We had good appointments today. First off (and most important) Dealey's doing great he's still happy and healthy and I can now feel him punching and kicking me all day long, he's an active little trouble maker. His heart rate was right on track at 153 beats per a minute and they did a once over on him just to check that everything was still on track growth wise. The only good thing about everything that's going on is that we'll get to see and hear Dealey a lot more than most people get to. Today he was feeling photogenic and gave us some sweet shots, once again he was NOT shy at all giving us a good look at his "stuff" so here's a couple of pictures, definitely the highlight of our day!
Isn't he cute! sweet little profile with arms in punching position which he does often, usually around midnight or so. We're hopeful this means he's a night owl like us who likes to sleep late in to the mornings.....
Yeah so there's definitely no doubt it's a boy....huh? And he has a cute little heart shaped baby butt!
Okay so that what's going on with Dealey. I'm doing good, my spirits are high right now, I did have a little bit of a break down this evening but mostly feeling good. My surgery is proving to be a success so far and my chances of carrying to a healthy date are looking brighter. I am still on bed rest and will continue to be on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy. The doctor said I have about six weeks until I'll most likely be admitted for the duration of the pregnancy because although the procedure is doing it's job as Dealey grows bigger and stronger my cervic will give and the stitches will no longer be able to hold so they want me in a safe environment so when labor comes it can be as smooth as possible. So what all this information has left us with is so much stress we just want to scream. Do I wait the 6 weeks out here and go in the hospital here where I am surrounded by friends and family? Or if they give me a small window to fly (which is a possibility in a few weeks) do I take that, only to be admitted in to a hospital in a new city with Matt working hard at his new job and no friends or family around? If I stay here Matt won't be here most of that time which will be hard but so would be being alone in New York while Matt works, travels, looks for apartments, etc. I don't know?! Then there's the actual move and the questions of when do we move our stuff. Now? Or put it in storage here or storage there? AAAAHHHHH it's just so much to figure out. I knew Dealey would change our lives and I've/We've been looking forward to that for 8 long long years but I had no idea he'd have such control before he even got here!