Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I had to blog about this very crazy moment in my life. Today after a long time of wanting to, I auditioned to sing on stage at our church. Our church is non-traditional and we have a full band for worship, so uh, yeah I'm going to be a total rock star! As a teenager I was full of confidence and had no problem getting on stage and singing in front of people but as an adult self consciousness rules my world.

But I did it! I auditioned and he (jeff) loved it and I'll be singing with the band in 2 weeks! I'm terrified and excited all in one breath, but the best part about it is that I'll get the chance to sing with my friend Andi before she moves to Cali. She is my biggest cheerleader when it came to singing. So Thanks Andi, for helping me believe I could do it...

12 comments:

Sheyb said...

Awesome!!! Good for you. I used to sing at bible study when I was in high school. fun times. Wish I went to your church. ;)

Anonymous said...

Cool beans! That is really awesome. I had no idea you liked to sing! Tell Matt and Deals hello...we love yall.

Megan said...

I am so impressed! That will be so much fun to stand on stage and rock to some worship songs! I am so excited for you, and jealous that is my dream. Too bad that dream involves being able to sing. Oh well. We will have to come visit. Good for you!!!

The McKays said...

OMG!! this is a HUGE moment. i'm thrilled, thrilled. you did it!! can't wait to see you.

xoxo

Renee & Sheldon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renee & Sheldon said...

You rock!! I can't wait to hear you in your big debut!

The Craftypigs said...

It's about time! Very excited for you.

Darcie said...

Rachel!

We finally formed a new blog, and in searching, we found out old blog and the link to yours! I'd been looking for it to find out the latest of the Maples family. Your little guy is beautiful! Write us a note sometime. www.lantzfam.blogspot.com. We are expecting our first (a little girl!) on August 2nd. :-)

Jennifer and Michael said...

YooHoo!!!! I am soooooo proud of you!! I can't wait to come to Texas so I can see you!

Kim and JD said...

I knew you could do it. You dont give yourself enough credit :)
Congrats, I cant wait to see you up there. Make sure and have Andi tell you how NOT to clap... hehehe

Brad and Tammy said...

OMG!!!! I am so proud of you. You owned up to your part of the deal and I know you will be awesome! Can't wait to see you up there rocking with B-Rad.

patti said...

I must add my WAY TO GO! I'm so excited and very proud of you. I just want to know why you didn't mention that last night!!