Saturday, June 16, 2007

NEWlife

We brought our precious Dealey into the world Saturday June, 16 2007 @ 4:48 pm. With such an "interesting" pregnancy we expected labor & delivery to be nothing short of CRAZY! However we were pleasantly surprised I went into labor and my water broke on Friday night at 11:30 and by noon on Saturday I had my patosin (sp?) drip and my epidural and just shy of 5 hours later he was here. I only had to push for about an hour and 15 minutes and it was surprising pleasant and much easier than I expected it to be. Our Dealey is as cute as can be with a good amount of hair, it looked dark at first but after his bath we looked again and it's more a light brown with blonde highlights....Anyways, I feel like I could ramble on for hours about sweet D but I'll stop for now and share some of his first pics........Dealey weighed in at 5lbs 15 oz & 19 1/4" long!

Matt and I just before we started pushing...


Me and Dealey stealing away a few moments to gaze at each other...

Matt loving up on Dealey, he was so happy and such a great coach, I couldn't have done this without him by my side...

Dealey bright eyed and alert....he's got some big eyes, I suppose that's my doing but they're going to gorgeous these big blue eyes are going to melt hearts...


Dealey has huge feet and long toes just like his Dad....


Dealey holding Matt's finger....


Sweet D sleeping and hanging with me....


There will be billions more pictures as we enter into this new life so check back often to stay up to date with how Dealey is growing into an amazing little dude, our move to NY and many more adventures! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEALEY JAMES!

8 comments:

Gloria Furman said...

oh my goodness he is a miracle. what a precious little angel! we are so excited for you guys-- happy father's day matt! congratulations!

The McKays said...

oh you guys, i love him! he's beautiful, beautiful and i just want to kiss his sweet face. i have tears in my eyes right now; can't believe he's *finally* here! God is so very good, i hope you guys are just basking in His love, joy, and peace right now. rach, you look amazing; i'm so very proud of you!!!

like the furman's said, a shout out to matt for a happy first father's day!

NYC, here we come! Mags is itching to meet her new friend.

Sheyb said...

Oh wow, guys! He is GORGEOUS!!! The most beautiful baby boy yet!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a little miracle!!

Sheyb said...

Oh, ya, and HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! Couldn't possibly get any better!!

patti said...

woooooooohoooooooooo! We are so excited to hear that he is here! He is so precious. Hope I can see him before you guys head off to NYC...by the way, love the house.

Get lots of sleep while in the hospital...happy father's day matt...what a gift!

Steve, Shan & Jacob said...

Congratulations!!! Steve and I are soooo happy for you both! He is super cute. Glad to hear that the labor and delivery went smoothly. We can't wait to see more pics of him. ;)

Jennifer and Michael said...

He is gorgeous and I am so glad that all three of you are doing well. I am so thrilled that you now will all be able to be together at last. I know how hard that is to be apart. Love you guys and look forward to watching little Dealy grow.

Amy said...

What an awesome blessing he is! I'm so happy for you guys.

He is beautiful!!!!