Thursday, March 15, 2007

LIFEdecisions

After much deliberation and tears we have decided that I will stay here in Texas for the duration of the pregnancy. It makes us sad of course, we were so excited about getting to New York before Dealey's birth but life happened and here we are making decisions that have nothing to do with us and everything to do with Dealey's welfare. I'll be moving in to a small one bedroom near my hospital so that when Dealey's born if he has to spend time in the NICU I can live close by to be with him every day. Matt will be traveling back and forth from Dallas, Vancouver and New York over the next few months. His new job is being fabulous about letting him be here as much as is possible. So while spirits are low about our "situation" we are excited that I will be 23 weeks on Sunday and that means only 1 week until we're past our first major milestone. I have appointments next week to check everything again and hopefully get a more accurate idea of when the hospital will become my new home. We're excited to see Dealey again and get new stats on weight and development it's just so amazing to me and I cry just thinking about how amazing it is that Matt and I are getting to go through this it's something we thought would only be a dream.....

5 comments:

Sheyb said...

Though hard, I know that you have made the right decision!! The next few weeks may be hard, but I know you'll get through it.
Being an experienced NICU mom, I know how scary the thought is! But, I got through it, and Zoe is happy and healthy, and I know the same will happen with you, Matt and Dealey. He is going to be a strong little boy! I am here if you need to talk! :)

Dave Furman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave Furman said...

Matt & Rachel.....we miss you guys. We totally have to hang out soon. Gloria will give you a call and hopefully we can come over and hang out at your place.

The McKays said...

Good to hear about decisions being made, though they are hard. Hang in there! It's so cool to hear how wonderful Matt's work is being, too. Hooray for good companies. Love you guys.

Mandy said...

Hey thast awesome to hear about New York and the baby. remember that God is in control. Check out our soon to be lil one at cawleyhouse.blogspot.com